- 1/4 cup diced ginger root
- 1/4 cup diced brown onion
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup diced horseradish
- 1/4 cup red chillies, diced
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 ceylon cinnamon stick
- 2 cups raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
In a 1 litre capacity mason jar, layer the ginger, onion, garlic, horseradish and chilli with the star anise and cinnamon stick.
Cover with apple cider vinegar, adding additional vinegar to cover the contents of the jar as necessary.
Seal the jar, and store it away from direct sunlight for at least 1 month and up to 6 weeks. Shake daily.
Strain the vinegar, discarding the solids. Next, stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Store at room temperature up to 6 months and in the fridge up to 18 months.
Take 1-2 tablespoons per day.