Make a mug of Zoe Bingley-Pullin’s nourishing golden milk – or turmeric tea – for a healthy boost of antioxidants as the weather gets cooler, plus it’s packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 cups milk (cow, coconut, or almond)
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric grated (or ground)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated (or ground)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbs coconut chips, lightly toasted – we like Healthy Way Coconut Chips
Place milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in turmeric and ginger until well mixed and drop in cinnamon stick. Continue to stir milk whilst warming through and add honey, pepper and virgin coconut oil.
Once warm take off the heat and strain. Remove cinnamon stick.
Serve warm topped with toasted coconut chips.
Catch up on the full episode of The House of Wellness TV show to see more from Giaan, Ed, and the team.