- 1 small cauliflower, prepared into florets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 175g (1 cup) puy lentils, rinsed
- 100g (4 cups) mixed salad leaves, washed
- 50g (2 cups) rocket, washed
- 1 large handful canned mung beans, drained
- 2 tbs pepitas
- 200g (1 cup) canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 small red onion, roughly sliced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 figs, halved
- Parmesan, crumbled, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste. Spread out on a baking tray in a single layer. Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown at the edges.
In a heavy-based saucepan, cover the lentils with 5cm water. Bring to the boil, cook steadily for 5 minutes, and then reduce to a simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until tender to the bite. Add some more hot water if the pan starts to boil dry.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven when ready. If needed, drain the lentils when ready.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower, lentils, salad leaves, rocket, mung beans, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas and red onion with the olive oil, lemon juice and some salt and pepper to taste.
Divide between two plates and top with the fig halves and parmesan before serving.