- 275g (2 1/4 cups) gluten-free plain flour mix
- 65g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 3/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 110g (1 cup) parmesan, grated
- 120g (1/2 cup) plain yoghurt
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 125g (3/4 cup) sunflower seeds
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Grease and line a 900g loaf tin with baking paper.
Sift the flour mix, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, xanthan gum and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Beat together the eggs, parmesan, yoghurt and vegetable oil in a separate mixing bowl until evenly combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold gently until the batter is just combined.
Fold through the grated carrots and sunflower seeds. Spoon and scrape the batter into the prepared loaf tin, tapping the tin on a flat surface to help settle it.
Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until risen and dry to the touch on top (when inserted into the centre, a toothpick should come out clean).
Remove to a wire rack to cool. When cool, turn out and cut into slices before serving.
Makes 1 loaf (serves 8)