- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Bioglan Turmeric Powder
- Pinch black pepper and salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 x 150g chicken breasts, lightly flattened
- Lemon, cut into quarters, for serving
- Coconut or extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Lemon wedges and the herbs of your choice for serving
In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, shredded coconut, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, then dip each chicken breast in the mixture until well coated.
Transfer to the breadcrumb bowl and cover with the breadcrumb mixture, patting gently to help the crumbs stick.
Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for approximately five minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Serve with fresh herbs and a wedge of lemon.