- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250 g quick-cook polenta
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 g salted butter, cubed
- 4 very fresh eggs
- 300 g rainbow chard, thickly sliced
- 1 cooked turkey breast, thickly sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- freshly ground black pepper
For the herb salsa
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, halved and squashed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 80 ml olive oil
First make the herb salsa by mixing all the ingredients together with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Leave to infuse while you cook the polenta.
Bring the vegetable stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Whisk in the polenta in a thin stream, then stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes. Beat in the cream and butter, then keep warm.
Poach the eggs in simmering water for 4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Blanch the chard for 2 minutes in salted water, then drain well.
To assemble the dish, spoon the polenta into four warm bowls. Divide the chard between the bowls and top each one with a poached egg. Tuck a few slices of turkey breast down the side and add a halved cherry tomato to each one. Spoon a little herb salsa over the turkey and serve immediately.