Take a trip to South East Asia with this richly fragrant, creamy prawn laksa. It’s addictively delicious and surprisingly easy to make too.
- 400g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 tbs Laksa curry paste
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 250g brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 180g hard tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 600ml stock (3 tsp Bioglan Collagen Bone Broth powder + 600mL boiling water)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 250g bean shoots
- 1 long red chilli, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Cook rice vermicelli noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the tofu, stirring until lightly golden. Set aside.
Add more coconut oil to the pan, fry off curry paste for 1-2 minutes, add stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add coconut milk, prawns and tofu. Gently simmer for 5 minutes or until prawns are cooked.
Place noodles in the base of four bowls and ladle soup over the noodles. Top with bean shoots, red chilli and coriander leaves.
Recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin