- 1 1/2 l low-sodium beef stock, or chicken/vegetable stock
- 400g soba noodles
- 2 tbs soy sauce, plus extra to taste
- 2 tbs mirin
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, or un-toasted
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, split in half
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
Bring the stock to a steady boil in a large saucepan. Add the noodles and cook until tender to the bite, about 5 minutes. Remove the noodles to a bowl of iced water.
Return the broth to a simmer and stir in the soy sauce, mirin, and vinegar.
Drain the noodles and toss in a bowl with the sesame oil. Divide between bowls along with the mushrooms, bok choy, spring onion, and chillies.
Ladle the hot broth into the bowls and serve with more soy sauce on the side.