- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs chives, chopped finely
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce (gluten-free if required)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
Get your rice on the go before starting.
Steam the pumpkin and carrot in the microwave for four minutes, then set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a pan over a medium to high heat and add chives and chicken.
When the chicken is browned, add the carrots and pumpkin stir frying for a couple of minutes, then stir through the bok choy.
Add the soy, lemon, sugar, chilli and season to taste. Add a dash of water to the pan if you feel it needs it. Serve with 1/3 cup of rice.