- 2 tbs groundnut or sunflower oil
- 4 large skinless chicken thighs, deboned, trimmed, diced
- 150g (2 cups) shiitake mushrooms, brushed clean, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs warm water
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs soft brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large Romaine lettuce, separated into leaves
- Salt and black pepper
Heat the oil in a large wok set over a high heat until hot. Add the chicken and mushrooms, stir-frying for 6-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the mushrooms are tender and coloured. Season well.
Meanwhile, whisk together the lime juice, water, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, chilli and spring onion in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
To serve, spoon the chicken and mushroom into the lettuce leaves and drizzle with dressing.