- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs hot water
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 tbs groundnut oil, or sunflower oil
- 1 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded, or cut into thin batons
- 1 large red capsicum, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 125g (3/4 cup) canned sweetcorn, drained
- 2 large handfuls beansprouts
Whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and hot water in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
Season the chicken with plenty of salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok set over a high heat.
Add the chicken and stir-fry until coloured for around 3-5 minutes, or until almost cooked through. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining oil followed by the cabbage, onion, carrots, capsicum and sweetcorn, stir-frying for about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender to the tip of a knife.
Return the chicken to the wok along with the prepared sauce from step 1 and the beansprouts. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
Divide between bowls and serve immediately for best results.