- 4 white pita breads, cut into triangles
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 30 g (1 cup) dill, chopped, divided
- 300 g (2 cups) fresh prawns, peeled, deveined, and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan).
In a mixing bowl, toss the pita with the melted butter, half the dill, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Spread out on a large rimmed baking tray. Bake until golden and crisp, turning once, about 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime, in a serving bowl, stir together the remaining dill, prawns, jalapeño, red onion, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Remove the pita from the oven when ready. Let cool on the tray for 10 minutes before serving with the marinated prawns.