- 4 pancetta or bacon strips (about 70g)
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil, for frying
- 120g (1 cup) spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 80ml (1/3 cup) rice malt syrup
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
Fry the pancetta or bacon until crispy. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
Finely slice the Brussels sprouts. Put them in a large bowl, add 60ml (1/4 cup) of water and microwave on High for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Fry the eggs in a small non-stick frying pan with a dash of olive oil. If you prefer cooked spring onion then you can also cook them at this point, to bring out their flavour.
To serve, divide the Brussels sprouts and spring onion between two serving bowls, top with a quarter of the dressing. Crumble over the pancetta. Place the egg on top and drizzle with the remainder of the dressing. Top with the chilli (if using).