- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red (Spanish) onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), sliced
- 200g green beans, ends trimmed
- 200g bok choy (pak choy), leaves separated
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cm (2 inch) piece of ginger, peeled and cut into slivers
- 500g skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 40g (1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek
In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
In a nonstick frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil over high heat. Add the onion and capsicum and stir-fry until almost cooked through. Add the beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and cook for approximately another 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to the pan. When it is hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for about 30 seconds or until fragrant but not browned. Add the beef slices to the pan and stir-fry for approximately 1 minute or until just browned, so as to not dry out the steak.
Return the vegetables to the pan along with the sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve topped with sesame seeds.