- 4 slices thick wholegrain sourdough toast
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 75g goat cheese, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 1 bunch parsley, washed, roughly chopped
- 100g walnuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Bioglan Spirulina Powder
- ¼ – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt, to taste, optional
To make the pesto, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture to evenly coat. Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to a preheated oven to keep warm (optional).
Add more oil to the pan, add mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft, take off the heat.
To serve, place 2 slices of toast on each plate, top with mushrooms, drizzle with pesto and crumble the goat cheese over each plate.