- 1 bunch broccoli, florets cut with stalks intact and halved length ways
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pearl barley, cooked (see note)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- Bunch of basil leaves – to serve, if desired
- Flaked cashew nuts – to serve, if desired
- 1 bunch basil leaves, washed
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp Bioglan Spirulina Powder
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add water to thin, if needed
Preheat oven to 180C.
To make the pesto, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, set aside.
Place the broccoli on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Combine the broccoli, cooked barley* and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and toss. Dress with a few tablespoons of pesto. Top with fresh basil leaves, if using, and a sprinkle of cashew nuts.
*Note: Place barley in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender, drain.
Serves 2 as a side