- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Bioglan Hi-Zorb Turmeric Powder
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 500g lean lamb mince
- ¼ tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1-2 tbs pine nuts
- 2 tbs mint leaves, finely chopped
To make the hummus, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend, adding extra olive oil as needed, until a smooth consistency is reached. Season to taste and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add onion and sauté until translucent. Add cumin, coriander and cinnamon and fry off for 1 minute before adding lamb mince. Sauté until cooked through and season to taste.
Spread the hummus in a round shape on a serving plate, leaving a slight hollow in the centre. Spoon the cooked lamb mince into the hollow and top with pomegranate, chilli, pine nuts and mint leaves to serve.