- 2 very large bananas, mashed
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 cup tinned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract or powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly diced apple chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to garish
Get started by preheating the oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
In a large bowl, add the mash banana, then mix in the eggs, sweetener of choice, coconut milk and vanilla bean. Mix well to combine.
Separately in another large bowl, mix together the oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
Add the wet ingredients on top of the dry and mix well to combine.
Using a spoon, dollop even amounts across your muffin tray. Evenly distribute the diced apple on the top of each and sprinkle gently with cinnamon.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.