Looking for a healthy tropical breakfast? Then turn to this light and fluffy pancake dish that’s filled with juicy pineapple pieces and finished with a swirl of maple.
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup pineapple, sliced thinly
- 2-3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 2 tbs coconut butter
- 1 medium egg
- 150ml full cream milk (or coconut/rice/almond milk)
- 1 tsp Bioglan Marine Collagen Beauty Powder
- Shredded coconut and maple syrup to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Heat oil in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan. Add the pineapple and the maple syrup and allow it to caramelise on a medium heat for five to ten minutes, checking regularly and stirring to make sure it doesn’t burn.
In a large mixing bowl add the flour and beauty powder. Then add the coconut butter, egg and milk. Whisk until you have a smooth pouring consistency.
When the pineapple has caramelised, pour the batter into the centre of the pan and swirl it in a thin layer. Put the pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Flip the pancake onto a large plate, sprinkle with shredded coconut and drizzle with a little extra maple syrup to serve.
Recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin