This warming winter salad showcases the very best in winter produce and is packed full of antioxidants beneficial for immune health.
- 12 Brussel sprouts, cut in half
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1-2 tbs Bioglan Coconut Oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 tbs flaked almonds
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Beetroot Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp Bioglan Beetroot Powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or chopped
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Water to thin, if necessary
Preheat oven to 180C.
Toss vegetables in a baking tray with the coconut oil, salt and pepper and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, turning occasionally until tender.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, adding water if necessary.
To assemble the salad, place the spinach on the bottom of a bowl and top with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with flaked almonds and coriander to serve.
Serves 4 as a side
Recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin