- 1/2 small orange, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch chilli powder, or paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 large oranges
- 1 large bunch curly kale
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, cored, seeded and diced
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted and cut into strips
- 4 tbs walnuts, chopped
To make the dressing, whisk together the orange juice, honey, mustard, chilli powder, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl until the honey and salt have dissolved.
Gradually whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is smooth and emulsified.
For the salad, peel the oranges and remove the skin and white pith with a sharp knife. Cut across the oranges into slices.
Remove any tough stalks from the kale leaves, then add to the dressing, massaging the dressing into the leaves with your hands for 1-2 minutes until softened.
Divide dressed leaves between plates and top with avocado slices, capsicum, dates and walnuts. Spoon over any remaining dressing from the bowl before serving.