- 300g (1½ cups) green lentils, rinsed
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 1 large leek, sliced, washed, and drained
- 250g broccolini, trimmed
- 200g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 3 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 25g (1 cup) micro greens, or chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 25g (1 cup) baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the lentils in a saucepan and cover with 5cm of water. Bring to the boil, cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water for 1 minute.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying over medium heat. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt, cooking until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
Place the broccolini in a steaming basket. Cover with a lid and steam over a half-filled saucepan of simmering water until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Whisk together the yoghurt, mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Season to tate. Add the drained lentils, leeks and micro greens, stirring thoroughly to combine.
To serve, divide between serving bowls and top with the steamed broccolini, baby spinach, and red onion.