For the nut roast
- 130 g (1 cup) shelled pistachios
- 250 g (2 cups) macadamias
- 300 g (2 cups) cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 g (3/4 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 75 ml sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 40 g (1/3 cup) cornflour, sifted
- 125 g (1 cup) gluten-free plain flour mix, sifted
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- whole milk, if needed
- freshly ground black pepper
For the spiced yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 250 g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease and line a 20 cm (8″) springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
Combine the pistachios, macadamias, chestnuts, onions, celery, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and some salt and pepper to taste in a food processor. Pulse several times until the nuts are evenly chopped.
Scrape into a bowl and add the oil, eggs, cornflour, flour mix, baking powder, and some more salt and pepper to taste. Stir thoroughly until a batter forms; add a splash of milk if too dry.
Turn out the batter into the cake tin and rap the tin a few times on a work surface to help settle it. Cover the tin with aluminium foil.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden on top, slightly risen, and dry to the touch; remove the foil after 20 minutes. When ready, a cake tester should come out clean from its centre.
Remove to a wire rack to cool in the tin.
For the spiced yoghurt: Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan set over a medium heat until hot. Add the garlic, fry for 20 seconds, and then add the curry powder.
Remove from the heat and transfer the contents of the frying pan to a bowl. Add the yoghurt, stirring thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer to serving pots and top with toasted cumin and coriander seeds.
To serve: When ready to serve, turn out the nut roast and cut into portions. Serve with the pots of spiced yoghurt and a garnish of coriander.