- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 8-10 free range eggs
- 1 leek, outer layers removed, washed and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups green peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 ½ cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Healthy Way quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 150g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100g goat feta, crumbled
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
Preheat oven to 180C.
Place 10 to 12 muffin patty pan cases into a muffin tray.
In a frying pan, add olive oil and sauté the leek and garlic for around 5 minutes, then add kale and sauté until wilted. Before taking off the heat, toss the peas into the mixture. Leave to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the ricotta, feta, quinoa, kale mixture and herbs.
Spoon mixture into individual patty pans and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.