- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stalks removed and reserved
- 1 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 tbs hemp seeds
- 2 tbs crushed macadamia nuts, plus 2 tbs toasted and roughly chopped macadamias to serve
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra zest to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 50 ml hemp seed oil
- 1/2 bunch of flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Add the mushroom stalks, garlic, hemp seeds, crushed macadamia nuts, lemon zest and juice, salt and 3 tablespoons of the oil to a food processor along with the parsley, reserving a tablespoon or so for garnish. Pulse briefly to form a rough, wet paste.
Arrange the mushrooms, gill-side up, on the prepared tray and spoon over the paste mixture. Drizzle over the remaining oil and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and cooked through and the herb crust is golden brown.
Divide the baked mushrooms among plates, season with salt and pepper and serve topped with the chopped toasted macadamias, a little extra lemon zest and the reserved chopped parsley.