- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 800g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (or fresh)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or fresh)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 cup Healthy Way quinoa, uncooked
- 1 x 400mL can coconut milk
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Healthy Way coconut chips
Preheat oven to 180C and toss the pumpkin and garlic in olive oil, layer on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes until roasted.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook off for 5 minutes until softened (try not to brown). Add the turmeric, ginger, cumin and ½ the chilli and fry off for 1-2 minutes before adding the roasted pumpkin and quinoa. Mix well.
Add the coconut milk, coriander and enough stock to cover, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
Blend the mixture with a stick blender until desired consistency is reached.
Ladle into bowls and top with extra coriander, chilli flakes and toasted coconut chips.