- 165 g (1 cup) unripe spelt grains, soaked overnight
- 4 large pointed peppers, split in half with seeds and ribs removed
- 2 cloves black garlic, chopped
- 100 g (2/3 cup) feta, cubed
- 4 tbs pine nuts
- 1 handful thyme, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 250 g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs mint, chopped
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Drain the spelt and place in a saucepan. Cover with at least 5 cm water, bring to the boil, and cook at a steady simmer until tender to the bite, about 40-50 minutes.
Drain if needed and let cool in a colander in the sink. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan).
Arrange the pepper halves in a roasting dish or tray and fill with the cooked spelt. Top with black garlic, feta, pine nuts, and thyme.
Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Roast until the peppers are soft to the tip of a knife, about 20-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve with yoghurt on the side, garnished with chopped mint and red chilli flakes.