Luke’s Crispy Skin Salmon with Summer Squash Salad
A good healthy diet can go a long way in managing the symptoms of endometriosis as our passionate foodie Luke Hines shows us.
Crispy Skin Salmon with Summer Squash Salad
- 150g fillet salmon, skin on
- 1/2 green zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1 tbs raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
- Salt and cracked pepper to season
Melt the coconut oil in a fry-pan over medium high heat. Season the skin of the salmon with a little salt and place skin-side down in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the skin is golden brown and the fish is beginning to cook through. Flip and continue to cook to your liking, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the salmon from the heat and set aside to rest.
For the salad, combine the mashed avocado, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil together until its smooth and creamy. Stir in the red chilli, finely chopped herbs and finally the thinly sliced summer squash.
Serve your fish on top of your salad, scatter with some walnuts, season well with salt and pepper and enjoy.