Need dating confidence? Your solar plexus chakra can help
Not feeling the love in the dating game? Your solar plexus chakra can boost self-esteem and positive energy – handy when you’re looking for love.
We’ve all met those people who radiate light and attract others like moths to a flame.
You know the type. They walk into a room with poise, always have a genuine smile on their face and just seem to have it all together.
“How is that they radiate such confidence and self-worth,” asks conscious connection expert Karina Chapman?
“Chances are they have a balanced solar plexus chakra.”
Chakra? Confidence? We need to know more and so do you if you’re in the dating game.
- Love online: Are dating apps turning us into commitment phobes?
Where is your solar plexus chakra?
You might have heard about chakras if you do yoga or practice meditation.
If not, we’re here to help.
“Chakras are the main energy centres in your body and there are seven of them,” yoga instructor Jodie Manning from Queensland’s Kevala Health says.
“Your solar plexus chakra is the third of your seven main chakras and is found in your upper abdomen, about five centimetres above your naval.
“It’s Sanskrit name is Manipura or ‘shining gem’ which is fitting as it’s the core of your personality and identify.
“In a nutshell — it’s your personal power centre!”
- Valentine’s Day: Celebrate your love without the expense
How does your solar plexus chakra impact mood?
A person with a balanced solar plexus chakra will feel confident, positive, joyful, motivated and aligned, Karina says.
“This chakra is associated with all the ‘self-words’ such as self-esteem, self-respect, self-image and self-worth — very empowering when you are meeting new partners,” she says.
“You’ll generally feel fabulous which can increase your chances of dating success.”
Conversely, the author and motivational speaker reveals, imbalances in your third chakra can manifest as low self-esteem, lack of purpose and fear of rejection and leave you with low energy and feeling extra sensitive to criticism.
“Imbalances can also show up in a physical sense,” Jodie adds.
“Things like fatigue, overeating, excessive weight around the stomach and blood sugar issues.”
An imbalance can also lead to an over-active solar plexus chakra, turning confidence into arrogance and a feeling of superiority.
Not what you need if romance is on the cards.
- Hot girl walk: The exercise craze empowering women
How do you open your solar plexus chakra?
The good news? There are lots of different ways to bring this chakra into line, Jodie says.
Yoga, aromatherapy, wearing yellow (the third chakra’s corresponding colour) and new experiences can all help re-energise your Manipura.
“The third chakra is highly influenced by the element of fire – so getting outside and spending time in the sun can help open and restore balance to your solar plexus chakra,” she says.
“Try some breathing and visualisation exercises and imagine you are seeing the sun with all of its purifying energy.
“Exhale through your mouth using the ‘ha’ breath to build heat in your body.
“And use your sense of touch — try placing your hands in the area of your solar plexus and feeling the warmth.”
- Ancient energy system: A rookie’s guide to 7 basic chakras
Affirmations to activate your solar plexus chakra
Positive affirmations are another powerful way to bring your solar plexus chakra into balance, Karina says.
She suggests incorporating these daily affirmations into your life to help boost the laws of attraction:
- I am powerful, strong, and confident.
- I radiate confidence and positivity.
- I am courageous, capable, and strong.
- Today, I confidently welcome new experiences.
- I am aligned with my guiding principles, purpose, and core values.
- I am my highest and most authentic self.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am motivated, persistent, and successful.
- I have the confidence and power to take big leaps.
- I confidently and fearlessly believe in myself.
- I am pure, positive, joyous energy.
- I am taking bold steps and walking forward with confidence and self-belief.
- Where focus goes, energy flows, so I focus on confidence, success, and prosperity.
- I love the person I am, both inside and out.
- I am enough. I have always been enough. I will always be enough.
So, if you’re lacking in confidence and self-esteem and feel unable to go after your biggest dreams and desires, get creative with your solar plexus healing and prepare to take the world by storm.
“You may just find the persona of your dreams,” Karina says.
Written by Liz McGrath.