The House of Wellness Radio – Full Show 5th November
On The House of Wellness Radio show this week, an in-depth discussion on lung cancer in Australia, the skincare routine to put your best face forward this party season. Listen to the full episode.
On this week’s The House of Wellness radio show:
- Lung cancer is the fifth common cancer in Australia, affecting one in three people. Here, associate professor Nicole Rankin discusses the symptoms and main risk factors for lung cancer, and the extent of the harm that can come from passive smoking.
- She also addresses the stigma attached to lung cancer and how to know if the illness has spread to other parts of the body. Plus, whether lung cancer can recur in recovered patients and the supportive care available.
- Pharmacist and master herbalist Gerald Quigley explains the holistic health benefits of ayurvedic medicine in keeping the mind, body and spirit in balance. This traditional Indian system of medicine has also been thought to help prevent disease, improve digestion and mental health.
- Expert advice on how to tackle the season of allergies this spring, and why symptoms can still flare up all year round. Plus, insights on a natural solution to relieve blocked and stuffy noses.
- Skincare expert shares how to help your skin look its best for the end-of-year party season. This includes a step-by-step guide using simple and affordable solutions for radiant looking skin, key ingredients to have in a brightening routine, and how often you should be using serums.
- Luke Hines, host
- Sarah Davidson, co-host
- Gerald Quigley, pharmacist and master herbalist. To submit a question for Gerald, go to the “Ask” tab on The House of Wellness website
- Nicole Rankin, associate professor at The University of Melbourne and spokesperson for Lung Foundation Australia
- Sharon Groombridge, national training manager at Care Pharmaceuticals
- Amy Lamproglou, pharmacist and skincare expert for Cetaphil