- 1 tbs grass-fed butter
- 1 finely chopped brown onion
- 1/2 bunch of coriander – stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch English spinach – roughly chopped
- 400ml tinned coconut cream or milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 500g Green Lipped Mussels – vacuum sealed bag from fishmonger
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Sea salt and black pepper
In a large fry pan, heat the butter on medium heat and add the onion, coriander stalks, chilli and garlic and cook until softened.
Add the chopped leek, then add the stock and turn up the heat. Add the spinach, coconut cream and stir well to combine.
Add in the mussels and ensure to coat the mussels well with the sauce. Pop the lid on and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
Once the mussels are open they are ready – serve in a deep bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves, a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.