The House of Wellness Radio – Full Show 22nd October
On The House of Wellness Radio show this week, how to support students through exams, the importance of grandparents and how to have a healthy relationship with food. Listen to the full episode.
On this week’s The House of Wellness radio show:
- Dr Michael-Carr Gregg provides expert tips on how to support teens through Year 12 exams, including the importance of good sleep, adequate nutrition and reducing stress levels through techniques such as breathing exercises.
- Dr Carr-Gregg also talks about the impact of social media on young children, encouraging parents to be guided by advice from the government’s e-safety experts. Plus he discusses reasons behind the rising levels of school refusal.
- He also discusses how studies have shown we live five years longer as grandparents with better family and social connections, demonstrating the importance of a strong grandparent-grandchild relationship.
- Luke Hines, Zoe Bingley-Pullin and Gerald Quigley chat about what having a good relationship with food really means, why this matters and ways to improve it. The team reflects on the importance of connectivity with family and friends through food, including eating together where possible, plus why we need to remove the guilt and shame in food (and accept it’s OK to have the occasional treat in a healthy, balanced diet).
- Occupational therapist Hilary O’Connell from Live Up helps us celebrate Seniors Month with a discussion around changing the narrative of getting older and learning about the key tips to healthy ageing. They include continuing to try new things, staying socially connected, having a positive mindset to ageing, eating and sleeping well, considering movement as medicine, and seeing healthy ageing as something we can control.
- How to maintain bone health for all ages with vitamin D and calcium.
- Luke Hines, host
- Zoe Bingley-Pullin, co-host
- Gerald Quigley, pharmacist and master herbalist. To submit a question for Gerald, go to the “Ask” tab on The House of Wellness website
- Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, clinical psychologist, leading authority on teen mental health and author of “Grandparents”
- Hilary O’Connell, occupational therapist and LiveUp advisor