- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70 g (1/3) cup smooth almond butter
- 60 g (1/3) cup apple sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 40 g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red beet powder, plus extra to serve
Place the oats in a food processor. Blend on high until very fine.
Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor; pulse several times until the mixture resembles an even dough. If it’s too dry, add a splash of water and pulse until incorporated.
Turn out the mixture; divide and shape into balls between your palms. Arrange on a tray, cover with clingfilm, and chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
When ready to serve, transfer to a platter and garnish with more red beet powder, if desired.
For 12 balls or for 4 – 6 servings.