- 1 medium cauliflower, prepared into florets
- 1/2 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 400 g (1 1/2 cups) tinned chickpeas, drained
- 100 g (2/3 cup) sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 tbs olive oil, divided
- 125 g (3/4 cup) bulgur wheat
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest, finely grated
- 200 g (8 cups) leafy green salad leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan).
Toss the cauliflower, pumpkin, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and onions with 2 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper to taste in a roasting tray.
Roast until the cauliflower and pumpkin are golden-brown at the edges and tender to the tip of a knife, about 25-35 minutes usually.
In the meantime, place the bulgur wheat in a mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak until tender to the bite with a slight chew, about 20 minutes.
Drain when ready and transfer to a mixing bowl, stirring in the remaining olive oil, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven when ready. Divide the green salad leaves between bowls and top with the bulgur, roasted vegetables, and lemon zest.