- 1 baby fennel bulb, outer casing removed, finely sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and stems cut short
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander, leaves washed and picked
- 1 avocado, seed removed and cut into slices
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup black tahini
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Bioglan Activated Charcoal Powder
- 1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make the hummus, combine black beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and charcoal powder in a food processor, and with the motor running, slowly add extra virgin olive oil until smooth. Season to taste.
To make the salad, gently combine all ingredients, except pomegranate seeds, in a bowl and toss well.
To assemble the dish, place a smear of hummus on each plate and layer the salad over the smear. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
To make the lemon water, combine 250mL filtered water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon charcoal powder and a couple of drops of your sweetener of choice in a jar and stir to combine. Serve in a glass with a fresh lemon slice.