- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp yellow or green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk, full-fat
- 250 ml fish or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cod fillets, with skin, pin-boned
- 350 g (4 cups) Swiss chard, washed, trimmed, and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan).
Heat the oil in a saucepan set over medium heat until hot. Add the curry paste and fry, stirring frequently, until slightly darkened in colour, about 1 minute.
Whisk in the coconut milk followed by the stock; bring to a boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer. Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish; position the fish fillets in the poaching liquid, skin side facing up.
Place in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in appearance and cooked through, 15-20 minutes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the chard and cook until wilted, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well and transfer to a serving plate.
When ready, remove the fish from the oven. Discard the foil and sprinkle with chopped coriander and chilli flakes; serve with the chard on the side.