- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (enough for 2 tablespoons)
- 500g peeled and deveined raw prawns (shrimp)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 130g (1/2 cup) Patak’s Balti Spice Paste or similar
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped (reserved a small amount, for serving)
- 125g (1/2 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbs cornflour (cornstarch)
- 100g (2 1/4 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir until it is a light golden colour. Add the prawns and cook until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and transfer the prawns to a plate.
Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan and add the onion. Cook until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 375ml (1 1/2 cups) of water and the tomato to the pan, mix until well combined and cook for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
In a bowl, combine the yoghurt and cornflour. Whisk with a fork until smooth and then add to the pan, stirring well until the mixture has thickened. Add the spinach. Once it is wilted, return the prawns to the pan and stir.
Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the fresh coriander.