- 4 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 small green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large leek, sliced, washed, and drained
- 375 g (12 cups) baby spinach, washed
- 2 large eggs
- 60 g (1/3 cups) pine nuts
- 2 tbs golden linseeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 80 g (1/2 cup) feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan).
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the chilli, garlic, leek, and a pinch of salt, sweating until softened, 6-8 minutes.
Add the spinach to the pan, by the handful, cooking until each handful has wilted before adding the next one. Transfer the contents of the pan to an oval baking dish.
Create two pockets in the vegetables and crack the eggs into them. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until the eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan set over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and fry until golden, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the linseeds and crushed coriander seeds.
Remove the shakshuka when ready. Top with the seasoned pine nut oil and feta before serving.