- 2 carrots
- 2 medium zucchini (courgettes)
- 150g long white radishes (optional)
- 3 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 115g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 7g (1/4 cup) coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped, plus extra whole leaves, to serve
- 140g (3/4 cup) firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve
- 2 tbs soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbs honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- 1/2 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Use a spiraliser or a vegetable peeler to make ‘noodles’ or ribbons from the carrots, zucchini and radishes. Put them in a large bowl with the spring onion, bean sprouts and coriander, and toss to combine.
Dice the tofu into 1.5cm cubes and add to the bowl with the veggies.
Make the sauce by whisking together the ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust with a little extra soy sauce or lime juice if required. Pour the dressing over the veggies and gently mix to combine.
To serve, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with extra coriander leaves and 2 lime quarters.
Prepare both the veggies and the sauce in advance, then store them separately. Only mix them together at serving time.
Don’t feel like tofu? Try switching it up for a scrambled egg.