- 300g zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 4 rashes streaky bacon, finely diced and pre-fried
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 eggs
- 3 tbs of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch of flat-leaf parsley leave, finely chopped
- Your favourite sauce or chutney to serve
Start by preheating the oven to 200°C and greasing a 12-hole muffin tin with coconut oil.
In a bowl combine the zucchini, capsicum, onion, garlic, diced cooked bacon pieces and chilli (if you like it hot) and mix well with a light seasoning of salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, almond or coconut milk and finely chopped parsley in a bowl and whisk together well until really light and fluffy.
Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable and bacon mixture almost to the top of each hole. Transfer to the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the eggs are completely set. Allow them to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then remove carefully.
Serve covered with your favourite sauce or chutney. These will last in the fridge for 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container.