- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, outer leaves removed, washed and finely sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium sized beetroot, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1 400ml can coconut milk, reserve some for drizzling
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs Bioglan Organic Beetroot Powder
- 1-2 tbs pumpkin seeds and crushed walnuts
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add leek and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add beetroot and cauliflower to the pan and fry off for 1-2 minutes before adding coconut milk and enough stock to cover the mixture.
Simmer for 20-30 minutes until beetroot and cauliflower are tender. Take off the heat and stir in the tahini and beetroot powder and season to taste.
Transfer to a blender or use a stick blender to blend the soup to a puree. Top with a drizzle of coconut milk, a mixture of nuts and seeds, and chopped parsley to serve.