- 4 large organic portobello mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 tbs pecans, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs pecans, toasted and chopped (extra)
Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Add the mushroom stems, garlic, pecans, lemon juice and zest, salt and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil to a food processor, along with the parsley. Pulse until it forms a rough, wet paste.
Arrange the mushrooms, gill-side up, on the prepared baking tray and spoon over the prepared mixture.
Drizzle over the remaining oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until mushrooms are cooked through and the herb crust is golden brown.
Divide among plates, season with salt and pepper and serve topped with toasted pecans, extra lemon zest and parsley.