- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs black and white chia seeds
- 4 pieces tuna loin, approx 100g each
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 small red (Spanish) onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sugar, or 1 tsp stevia
- 125g (½ cup) light sour cream
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
To make the salad, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and white pepper; add the vegetables and coriander. Mix gently. Allow to stand for 30 minutes while you prepare the tuna.
Combine the sesame seeds and chia seeds in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Press the tuna steaks firmly into the bowl to ensure they are well coated with seeds.
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Sear the tuna until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each side. Allow the tuna to rest for 3-4 minutes, then slice into 2cm (¾ inch) strips.
Divide the rainbow salad among 4 plates and top with the tuna strips.